Frequently Asked Questions
- What about Packet Pick-up? Will be located at Anytime Fitness, 248 Park Street, Azle, Texas
- When is Packet Pick-up? Friday, November 13th - 12 noon - 6:00 pm
- May I register at Packet Pick-up or on race day? Yes, both will be available.
- Will you allow someone else to pick up my packet for me? Yes. We are nice that way.
- What is the minimum age for the half marathon? Participants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the course.
- How long will the course be open? We will leave the timing stand up until the last finisher crosses the line or 3-1/2 hours have passed.
- What happens if it rains on race day? You will get wet. Severe weather will be reviewed and the call will be made by race directors.
- Why does my GPS read slightly higher or lower distance than the course indicates? This is typical. The following link should help explain any discrepancy.
You can help prevent the spread of infectious illness.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases including:
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
3. Stay home when you are sick.
4. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
6. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
We all want to enjoy in the race we love so much. Per the race policy, there will be no refunds.
Is there a risk to my health?
There is always risk when participating in an event like this or being in public. We will take extra precaution noting COVID-19. We encourage people with compromised immune systems, current illness, parents with infants/toddlers, and the very elderly with health issues to consider staying home if they registered for an event, as those are the populations that appear to be susceptible to the dangers of the virus. If you are feeling ill or have flu-like symptoms, please do not show up.
We are paying attention to and following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for assessing and mitigating risks associated with outdoor endurance events. There is general agreement that outdoor endurance events, and the people likely patronizing such events are in low-risk categories.
What is the event doing differently to address health concerns?
At this time, we are planning to limit some of the pre-race and post-race activities to further support social distancing efforts. Starting corrals will include larger areas to promote social distancing. We will likely utilize wave starts to spread participants out on the actual racecourse. Hand sanitizer stations will be deployed around the venue(s). Volunteer groups, medical teams and operations staff will be utilizing appropriate PPE for their roles. Participants will be encouraged to move through the finish area(s) and into larger outdoor spaces as soon as completing the race.
Can I get a refund?
A. The event still occurs:
We do not offer refunds if you are unable to participate in the event. We have always implemented this no refund policy. If you are unable to travel, become ill, have a family illness or emergency, or decide not to participate there are NO REFUNDS. This policy is consistent with most races across the country and we encourage you to respect the refund policy. The planning and production of this event incurs costs for rent, storage, utilities, insurance, staff, marketing, medals, t-shirts, bibs, etc. months in advance of the event. Some of these costs are fixed and many of these costs are based on rates and trends of registered runners. When you register, we are counting on you and your fee to help us remain open and produce the event.
B. The event is cancelled race day or race weekend due to weather, Acts of God, or other public emergency situations:
We do not offer refunds if the event is cancelled on race day or race weekend due to weather, Acts of God, or other public emergency situations. We have always implemented this no refund policy. This policy is consistent with most races across the country and we encourage you to respect the refund policy. The planning and production of this event incurs costs for rent, storage, utilities, insurance, staff, marketing, medals, t-shirts, bibs, etc. months in advance of the event. If the event is not able to occur at the time of the event or race weekend due to these uncontrollable circumstances, we are not able to refund you. Our goal is always to hold the event rain or shine, hot or cold, as long as your safety, the safety or our staff, volunteers, vendors and municipalities is not jeopardized.
C. The event is cancelled by government agencies in advance due to COVID-19 or other similar public health concerns:
Participants will be able to participate in a virtual race. Packet pickup will remain the same and runners will upload their runs through Strava or RunKeeper.
Questions? Email the Race Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org